Sakura Judo Club
The gentle way toward your best self
Judo is fun!
- We welcome every ability, body type, and experience level.
- The point is to play! Winning trophies is nice but is not the point.
- We support all types of success.
Judo is safe!
- We learn how to fall safely.
- We are careful with each other.
- We learn body awareness.
- We respect each other’s special needs.
We learn and grow together!
- We learn how to be good training partners.
- We learn how to coach each other.
- We encourage all types of success!
Everybody starts with a white belt, and progresses through color levels. It is said that when you make it to black belt, you have just begun the real adventure! To earn a promotion, students contribute to the class, learn to be a good training partner, and perform the mental and physical techniques of judo. Learn more…
We follow the philosophy of the original founder of Judo, Dr. Jigoro Kano. Judo is about:
- Using your strength efficiently
- Mutual benefit for each person and for the whole group
- Becoming the best version of yourself, so you can contribute to the world